F.O.T.D. featuring Sally Hansen's Natural Beauty inspired by Carmindy

Metallic

Everyone knows Carmindy as the makeup artist from TLC's What Not To Wear. She has teamed up with Sally Hansen to bring a new line of cosmetics to a drugstore near you. They are reportedly formulated with minerals, natural extracts, active botanicals and are paraben-free. They hit drugstores a few weeks ago and the beauty blogs have been buzzing since then.

For better or worse, I've never been one to buy an entire collection of makeup. Usually, I try 1 or 2 things and go back for more if I like them. For this collection, I chose an
Instant Definition Eye Shadow Palette in Metallic ($7.99). It was hard to choose just one palette because they are all seriously beautiful in muted, highly wearable earth tones. At one point, I had four of them in my hands and forced myself to put some back.

Here are some swatches of the three colors in the palette:


Contour, lid, highlighter (left to right)

And here's the F.O.T.D that I put together. I used only this palette on my eyes along with my usual High-Impact Clinique mascara. On my cheeks I have a light wash of my current favorite blush, Daydream, from Everyday Minerals. There's nothing on my lips because I was running late and trying to get out of the house (I'm being completely honest here).



And here are some close-ups of the eye that I did. Nothing fancy, I simply followed the instructions: Smooth medium shade over entire eyelid. Blend deeper shade into crease. Use highlighter under brow to brighten.. It doesn't look like the liner shadow is coming through in the pictures, but in real life you can see it better.



The colors are well pigmented for a drugstore brand and, after three days of use, I can say that they are long-wearing as well. Overall, I'm impressed with the Carmindy line. You can find them for yourself at drugstores and at ULTA.com. I might even be going back to get a few more...

Excellent reviews of other Sally Hansen Natural Beauty can be found
here and here. What's interesting is that both of these reviews compare the products favorably to La Mer products which are significantly more expensive. Nice work, Carmindy!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels