F.O.T.D.

Face of the day featuring MAC Fafi!


Fafi is a French graffiti artist who collaborated with MAC to come up with an amazing makeup collection. I admit, I was never really that into MAC (the sacrilege!) until the MAC Fafi collection came out. I was visiting my best friend Marisa in San Francisco and when we were out marathon shopping we came upon this huge MAC Fafi release extravaganza. I got a picture of these two real-life Fafinettes. I think they look so cute!



So, of course, I had to at least sample something from the collection and I ultimately settled on the Quad #1. I wanted to pick up the Nice Vice Paintpot as well, but it was all sold out by the time I got there. Denied!

Overall, the Quad #1 is fantastic. The colors are vibrant, apply beautifully, and blend well. Besides the look below, I have also tried out this look by Karen from Makeup and Beauty Blog. Not surprisingly, it looks a little different on me than it does on her, but I think it works. Since Nice Vice paintpot wasn't available, I substituted Artifact paintpot and it is actually a pretty close match. At any rate, here's what I did with the Fafi Quad #1 this morning.











Here's what I did:

Face:
Stila Illuminating Moisturizer SPF 15, Shade 01
Bare Minerals Foundation, Fairly Light Bare
Minerals Mineral Veil

Cheeks:
Stila Convertible Color, Peony 3

Eyes:
Clinique Touch Tint For Eyes, Nude Sparkle 06 (for base)
MAC Fafi Quad #1 Vanilla Sugar (for brow highlight)
MAC Fafi Quad #1 Hey (for lid and crease)
MAC Fafi Quad #1 Pink Venus (for inner lid)
MAC Fafi Quad #1 Howzat (for liner)
Clinique High Impact Mascara, Black 01

Lips:
Stila Convertible Color, Peony 3

Even if you don't like makeup, how can you resist these totally adorable Fafi dolls?

What do you think about the FOTD? Too much? Not enough? Can you even tell I'm wearing makeup? Leave some comments, people!

I'm off to bed. Unfortunately, I have a full day of consults and general chaos at HMC tomorrow. *Sigh* Maybe I'll reward myself with some new makeup on Sunday. There's an inspiring thought!

 

1 comments:

snb said...

i'd use a little bit more and really let the color show up, that's what FAFI is about! looks great...i love trying out new colletions!

April 6, 2008 at 11:51 AM

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels