Lemon-y Goodness

You don't have to spend much time with me to discover my love for all things lemon. Lemon seems simple but it is actually a tough scent to get right. You want to walk the line between delicious-refreshing and Pledge. Nobody wants to smell like Pledge.

Bath & Body Works has some tasty things that I wanted to share with any lemon-lovin' folks out there. The first is C.O. Bigelow Lemon Collection. So far I've tested the Lemon Cream Body Wash and the Lemon Body Cream. The sample-sizes are on sale 3 for $10 right now, which is awesome for testing.


So far, I'm pleased. I had to work this morning and the body wash was bright, fresh and made leaving my warm bed for the cold bathroom almost bearable. After that, I slapped on the cream. The cream has a similar scent to the body wash and is on the thin-side, somewhere between lotion and butter. It absorbs fairly quickly (but this could be due to my incredibly parched skin) and is only a little greasy. [Side rant: Every cream on the face of the earth claims to be not greasy. They're all liars. Seriously, how is a moisturizing agent not going to be at least a little greasy? I don't believe it is possible. There are varying degrees of greasy, but not greasy at all? I doubt it. Of course, feel free to leave comments if you disagree.]

Interestingly, the B&BW website claims that these two products are scent-free. I'm assuming they mean artificial scent because they are a very nice, natural, crisp lemon scent that isn't overpowering. Perfect for starting a sleepy morning. Verdict: It's a Keeper.

Hello Sugar! Body Wash and Shimmer Lotion from B&BW are available now as well. It is a limited-edition line so there are no sample sizes. The 3-in-1 Body Wash is a fairly good deal in terms of expensive bath products: $12 for 16oz. It is the biggest bottle in my shower.


In contrast to the C.O. Bigelow, Hello Sugar! has a very, very sweet vanilla-lemon scent. It reminds me of lemon cupcakes. Yummy to my nose, but if you're looking for something subtle, this is not it. It's definitely a younger and more "girly" product than the C.O. (which is fairly obvious from the packaging). The lotion, in addition, has a shimmer. I personally like a little shimmer now-and-again, but it's not for everyone. Verdict: maybe not for every day, but a fun option for the summer months.

The Hello Sugar! line also has a Moisturizing Body Meringue, a Crystalline Body Splash, and a Hello-To-Go Kissable Lip Duo. If you are looking to order something, I would definitely pass on the Lip Duo. Unless maybe you are an 8 year old girl; in which case, get your mom to buy you some right now.

 

3 comments:

snb-the glamourista said...

i've been itching to try the hello sugar line! and i have tried the o.c. bigelow lemon cream and really liked it too! how in the world can they advertise it not scented? that's just wierd.

April 20, 2008 at 9:46 PM
the Muse said...

I heart lemon too! I just got the hello sugar myself and it's damn interesting!

April 24, 2008 at 6:39 AM
Kyl said...

The Hello Sugar! is definitely unexpected. I find that I'm liking it more and more...
April 25, 2008 at 7:14 PM

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels