L'Oreal Infallible

The search for a long-lasting lipgloss: it never ends. At this point, my expectations are pretty low. If a lipgloss lasts through my first 1/2 cup of coffee, I consider it a success. I decided to give these new Infallible glosses by L'Oreal a try with the hope that, as they have this outrageous claim of lasting 6 hours, that they might actually last through the whole cup of coffee. They retail for around $9-11 in drugstores everywhere, which seems like an awful lot to me for drugstore lipgloss.

Colors top to bottom: Petal, Suede, Sunset

I amused myself by testing them while at work on Sunday. I applied some of the Suede (middle in the pics) and set out to spread my empathic, calming presence all around the hospital. Three hours later, no trace of the Suede was visible. Mind you, I had done no eating or drinking and what I consider to be a typical amount of talking. Definitely not infallible. *sigh.*


That pretty much concluded the test. I've been using it for a few days at this point, and I will say that at least it isn't
drying. In case you are turned-off by sticky gloss, I would rate it as moderate stickiness. Probably to have staying-power, it has to be at least a little sticky (similar to my thoughts on the non-greasy lotion).

If you are looking for a new drugstore lipgloss, give Infallible a try., especially if you can get some on sale or 2 for 1 [
L'Oreal: Buy 1, get 1 50% off on skin care, sun care or cosmetics at Rite Aid 4/20 - 4/26]. The colors are fairly typical for drugstore brands: some nice basics but nothing to knock your socks off. It might not last 6 hours, but at least it should make it through the drive to work.

Here are some swatches:


Colors left to right: Sunset, Suede, Petal (in bright sunlight)

(in regular indoor light)
wow, my skin looks dry this close up.

 

1 comments:

snb-the glamourista said...

well you just saved me some money. i kept looking at those thinking i should buy some. guess i'll find something else to blow my money on....

April 22, 2008 at 9:44 AM

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels