Metallic Monday


The Life of a Ladybug posted an interesting question last week where she asked (literally): What's your thing? Meaning, what are your current beauty obsessions? Red lips? Brightly painted nails? Smoky eyes? For me, I'm rocking the metallics recently. So in that theme, here are my current tips & toes.

ULTA brand polish in Burnt Sugar (free with reward coupon! yes!)
indoor lighting without flash

Essie in Ritzy Business (on sale for $3! yes!)
indoor lighting without flash

Ritzy Business is a unique color and difficult to describe: some sort of gold/silver/bronze metallic hybrid. There might be a reason that it was in the sale bin. As is typical of the Essie polishes that I've tried, it suffers from uneven application. That being said, I'll continue to use it because I love the color. I bought an orange dress for a few weddings this summer and I think this polish will look awesome with it.

I hope everyone has a gold-star week!

 

3 comments:

snb-the glamourista said...

i like ritzy business....where did you find yours? i wonder if ulta has it....

April 29, 2008 at 11:39 AM
Kyl said...

Here's a surprise... I got it at ULTA! It was part of the Essie Fall '07 collection but was a "special edition" exclusive to ULTA. It isn't even listed on the Essie.com site any more. I found it on sale ($3) in a bin. Happy hunting...
April 30, 2008 at 2:22 PM

Ladybug said...

Thanks for giving me a shout out!

I love metallic tips and toes, too.

May 8, 2008 at 1:16 PM

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels