Sick Bubble*



It is just no fun being sick. Normally, spending a day in my pj's and fluffy bathrobe puttering around the house would be my idea of bliss. But puttering around the house with a terribly stuffy head, a wicked sore throat (like, the worst one ever), and waves upon waves of nausea...it makes going to work seem like fun. And then you reach the point where you simply cannot sleep any more and yet you can't manage to do anything else. So what's a girl to do? Well, this girl decided to paint her nails. Maybe not everyone's idea of a sick-day activity, but it was helpful to take my mind off the various other uncomfortable sensations coursing through my body.

I tried out a new color that I bought last month at the Nordstrom Spring Trend Show: Lippmann Collection My Old Flame. In case it doesn't quite show up on your monitor, it is a classic, red, red without shimmer (two coats shown above). Think old Hollywood like Rita Hayworth or nouveau-classique like Dita von Teese. Or, forget all that and just think sexy. If you want my advice, though, if you're going to sport the red nails, by all means, keep them short! You don't want the Adriana from The Sopranos look. *shudders*

Normally I wouldn't shell out $15 for a nail polish, but this one came as part of the
Material Girl Gift Set. The set included (full size!) Lippmann Cuticle Oil, Sarah Smile Polish, My Old Flame Polish, Hard Rock Strengthener, Rich Girl Hand Cream and three Stripper To Go Pads in a somewhat strange plush bag that I can't quite figure out what to do with. Plus I got a gift with purchase of Tiny Dancer Polish. Nice haul, huh? In addition to the My Old Flame, I'm seriously loving the Sarah Smile, the Cuticle Oil and Rich Girl. I just realized that a new bottle of Rich Girl costs $24! I'm going to have to slow down on the slathering.

*Remember those old Zoloft commericals of the speech bubbles bouncing around interacting with each other teaching you about depression? Anyway, the "sad bubble" concept has stuck around as a running joke between me and my J. So, some days you're a happy bubble, some days you're a sad bubble, and today, I'm a sick bubble. Here's an alternative version of the sad bubble commericial.

 

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Feel better!!

April 14, 2008 at 11:10 AM
Kyl said...

Thank you, I'm getting there...
April 14, 2008 at 9:56 PM

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels