Tea Party F.O.T.D.

I hosted a ladies tea tea party today and, for the event, decided to keep the makeup simple and light. I went with a white, slightly shimmer eye shadow with a pale peach crease color, natural nude blush and a sheer pink lipgloss.



Face:
Stila Illuminating Moisturizer SPF 15, Shade 01
Everyday Minerals Foundation, Light Medium and Fairly Light
Minerals Mineral Veil

Cheeks:
Everyday Minerals, Daydream blush

Eyes:
Urban Decay Potion Primer (for base)
MAC Eyeshadow Vanilla (for lid and lower lash line)
Stila Eyeshadow Salsa (for crease)
MAC Dual Pencil, Nighthawk/Front Row (for tight-lining)
Clinique High Impact Mascara, Black 01

Lips:
L'Oreal Infallible Lipgloss, Petal


I highly recommend hosting your own tea party. It's the perfect activity for a Saturday or Sunday get-together without all the pressure (and expense) of an evening out. You can be as formal or informal as you want and don't be afraid to ask folks to bring something -- it's more fun that way. We had tea, crust-less little sandwiches (cucumber, chicken salad and ham), scones with cream & jam, little shortbread cookies, cheese and fruit salad.

The helpful ladies at Makeup Alley had these excellent suggestions for what to serve at a tea party beyond the standards:
petit-fours
crust-less tomato sandwiches
little pastry shells filled with tiny cooked prawns, mascarpone and chives
chocolate dipped strawberries
Devonshire cream, antipasti
mini quiches
cookies, mini cupcakes
cheese & grapes
creamy spring soup in little bowls
prosciutto wrapped melon balls, crab dip, mini fruit tarts
sparkling wine
and, saving the best for last: Buy dried dates or figs. Split each one open and stuff with cream cheese to which has been added a little liqueur to taste (I'm thinking amaretto or grand marnier). You could also add a pecan or walnut on top.

The take-home point being: anything mini will do.


Unrelated Rant: How annoyed am I that I don't get to go to the Stila Warehouse Sale in L.A?! I'm seeing pics of everyone's haul on MUA and I can't take it!!! Add that to my annoyance that I cannot find the
Wet n Wild i-Sparkle Palettes anywhere. I have now been to FOUR drugstores without success. They are only $4 each! And so pretty! *jealous sniff*

 

4 comments:

snb-the glamourista said...

what's tightlining? sounds like i need to add this word to my vocab!! congrats on a successful tea!

April 27, 2008 at 5:36 AM
Kyl said...

Thanks for all your great comments! I hope your move went OK...

There is a great tutorial on tightlining here:
http://raquel13.com/makeup/tutorials/

Let me know how you like it...
April 27, 2008 at 1:49 PM

snb-the glamourista said...

thanks for the link! i learned something new!

April 29, 2008 at 11:39 AM
snb-the glamourista said...

ok, i tried tightlighting with cream liner this morning...i may have to back down to a pencil to try it, because my eye was extremely opposed to the brush going near it!

April 30, 2008 at 1:21 PM

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels