Nail Of The Week

I've been in a creamy mood this week, following the recent metallic fest. I'm sure I'll be back to the shiny-stuff before too long, but for now I'm working the Lippmann Sarah Smile and China Glaze No Name Yet.

Lippmann Sarah Smile
Indoor lighting without flash


It took 3 coats to make that lovely, opaque pink cream. I have a few Lippmann polishes from the Nordstrom Spring Trend Show Material Girl Gift Set haul. This is actually a nice color for a more classic look and I like it on toes as well. My problem with Lippmann polishes, in general, is that they chip and peel very easily on my nails. I have tried them with a base coat (Creative Nail Design's Stickey) and on my natural nail and 1-2 days of wear is all I get. It's disappointing, one would expect more from a $15 polish.

China Glaze No Name Yet
Indoor lighting without flash

Close-up of China Glaze No Name Yet

This is not part of my personal collection, but struck my fancy at the beauty salon today (I treated myself to an almost-end-of-week pedi). Cream colors are going to continue to be big for summer in any shade, but brights and pastels especially.


Speaking of brights, I'm really looking forward to trying out the new OPI collection: Retro Fun In The Sun. It includes six new, saucy colors in shades of apricot, apple green, lemonade, turquoise, coral and pink-red. Those funny things on the bottle are elementary-school style ponytail holders (retro, remember?). I hope the colors are indeed as opaque as they appear in the picture. I've heard some rumors that they are more sheer. OPI Retro is available for purchase on 8ty8Beauty right now.

I might just be placing an order tonight...

 

1 comments:

snb-the glamourista said...

i am LOVIN sarah smile on you...it's the perfect nude. that's what i was going for with skinny dippin' in lake michigan. i'm gonna find some of that!

May 9, 2008 at 5:17 PM

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels