That's One Vain Little Robot


OK, so this isn't strictly beauty related, but I have to share this: newly released pictures from the Mars Lander! Says someone who knows about these things: "Precisely at 7:53PM EST, the "Phoenix Mars Lander" touched-down on the desert-like surface of Mars. Since its launch on August 4th, 2007, the spacecraft has covered more than 680,752,512 kilometers, traveling at average speeds of around 120,000 km/hr."

But what is kind of funny is that if you look at a gallery of the photos taken by the Lander thus far, you notice that many of them are photos of itself! The photo above is a picture that it apparently took of its own foot, much like those of us here on the Beauty Couch are often taking pictures of ourselves and our own feet.

Only it's a robot.

And it's on Mars.

No, not a close-up of my skin. It's the surface of Mars.

And I don't want to hear any "logic" about how it is photographing itself to see if it deployed correctly, because I just don't have time for that kind of sensible thinking. This is a beauty blog, after all. I'm just waiting for pics of the Lander re-applying lip gloss. Or maybe it can stop gazing at itself long enough to get busy exploring new worlds.

Speaking of which, I have some work to do...

Happy Memorial Day!

P.S. This is my favorite song. Enjoy!


 

3 comments:

Misti said...

Ooooo, I adore Bowie. One of my favorites, as well.

Those Mars pictures are amazing; thanks for sharing!

May 27, 2008 at 9:04 AM
Kyl said...

What's not to love about Bowie? And that makeup! Why did he ever stop wearing that?!
May 27, 2008 at 8:20 PM

Kate said...

I wish I had that Robot's body budget; mine could use some retro fitting

May 28, 2008 at 5:33 PM

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels