Friends & Family Faves

Time for a new, regular feature on the Beauty Couch where I would like to feature the favorite beauty products of my very own friends & family. I sent out the call for submissions and received some surprising and some not-so-surprising responses to share.

My plan is to feature all of the suggestions that I received. However, in order to provide at least some consistency, I would like to try the products out myself first. This also provides me another excuse to haul.

We'll start off nice and easy with a suggestion from future sister-in-law, Amy:
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion. This is a staple of most makeup mavens, a cult fave consistently chosen for 'best of' lists. It is a colorless gel containing silicone which provides a smooth surface on which to apply the eyeshadow. Amy writes "You can run around in the rain, cry and sleep with your eye make up on and nothing will smudge or fade all day. It's ridiculous." She includes it in her list of "BEST F-ING PRODUCTS NO BITCH CAN LIVE WITHOUT." I love this girl.

I have tried out UDPP for myself and can't disagree. A little goes a long way on your lids and it does provide a silky surface on which to apply the eye shadow. And, I agree with Amy, the staying power is major. My one complaint is with regard to the bottle design. Notice how the wand is straight and the bottle is curved? It is almost impossible to get any product from the bulge area . This seems like poor planning to me. Other folks agree and have devised clever ways for getting around the bottle and the most UDPP for your money.

If you are a regular eye shadow wearer and are frustrated by fading and creasing at the end of the day, get yourself some UDPP and experience the difference!

 

3 comments:

snb-the glamourista said...

you know i heart this stuff! i was in turmoil last week when i was running VERY low and had to sub in lancome's primer instead, which didn't even touch the performance of udpp. yay for refills!

June 18, 2008 at 2:41 AM
snb-the glamourista said...

okay, so i checked out the blog where they cut open their bottle of primer. i still had my old bottle so i did it too and i have a TON left!! i'm going to blog about it sometime soon. it's amazing what i almost threw away!!

June 19, 2008 at 12:39 PM
Kyl said...

I know, right? I don't get that bottle design at all . Who thought that was a good idea?!
June 20, 2008 at 11:01 PM

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels