Review: Earth Therapeutics Exfoliating Body Sponge

So maybe I'm a little obsessed with exfoliation. I don't know, there's just something so fantastic about having really smooth skin. Boys don't care about it much for themselves, but I've yet to meet one who doesn't love it on a girl.

Plus, it's satisfying to come home from work and feel like you really washed all the the crap from the day away.
*Sigh*

Recently, I read that those nylon bath poufs everyone uses actually harbor lots of bacteria and are essentially disgusting little petri dishes in your shower. Ew. I knew I had to change once I saw that. Enter Earth Therapeutics Exfoliating Body Sponge.

The Exfoliating Body Sponge is my new love. It lathers amazingly, even with a small amount of showergel. Comfortably fitting in my hand, it is just rough enough for a good cleansing scrub but not so rough as to be unusable for daily use. You can really go to town and feel like you accomplished something. It isn't going to be enough for tough areas like soles of feet, but for dry elbows and knees, it works great. And much better than the nylon poufs, I might add. My only complaint is minor: the loop for hanging it up is too darn small. It is about as round as a quarter and isn't big enough to hang on anything in my shower.

The other lingering concern is whether it is actually any more sanitary than the nylon poufs. I can't find a description of what is made of anywhere although I assume it is man-made materials. ULTA.com claims that it is recyclable. If anyone knows, please leave a comment.

All in all, I'd say the Exfoliating Sponge is the best $4 I've spent in a long time. I just hope it's not all germ-y.

 

2 comments:

Misti said...

If you're really concerned about germs, I'd suggest the Earth Therapeutics Anti-Bacterial Sponge.

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=145977&catid=76182

I love mine!

July 2, 2008 at 8:32 AM
Kyl said...

I think I had that one in my hand at some point and ultimately put it back. But I'll have to look again next time, thanks!
July 3, 2008 at 5:17 PM

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels