A Word Of Thanks

As a person with a makeup problem, Sephora is a major place to haul. But, like many beauty-obsessed folks, I have a love/hate relationship with it. My major complaints are:

(1) everything in the store costs the same

(2) they never have sales
(3) the sales associates are usually such bitches (male and female alike)

Not to make sweeping generalizations, but in my experience, the sales associates are often very impatient and grace you with lots of attitude and eye rolling. Especially if you are looking for something specific, as I often am. It is for this reason that I have to give a major shout out of thanks to the Manager at the Sephora at Alderwood Mall. She rocks my socks.

You may recall that I was recently lusting for the Sephora Sun Safety Kit. Well, I hadn't reviewed it yet because they are sold out
everywhere (including online). After calling around to at least four area stores without success, I was beginning to think that this product lust would be forever frustrated.

After my amazing spa day at Olympus (I know, I can't stop talking about it), I decided to give it the old college try to see if one last Sephora that I hadn't called had it in stock. And...it didn't. There was one sad sample kit left with a lip balm that had clearly been used sitting on a sad, empty shelf. After expressing my woe (and possibly whining just a little), this amazing Sephora manager started calling around to stores in different states until she found the ONE LAST kit in Idaho. But, not content with that, she then negotiated with them to send it to me WITH FREE SHIPPING.

Seriously. I couldn't believe it myself and I waited until I had my greasy paws on it before posting because I secretly expected the thing to never show up. But, I can now say that I am the proud owner of the very cute Sun Safety Kit. And, it arrived just in time as I spent the past four days in sunny Southern California and had a chance to try out several of the products.

(I still got a sunburn.)

 

3 comments:

Izar said...

Hey Kyl!

Thanks for the encouraging words, I appreciate them. You're also on my blogroll now, especially since I love your blog too. ^_^

I can definitely relate to what you're writing about here: we don't have Sephora in Hungary (oh the agony!), but there are two big beauty stores (Douglas and Marionnaud), and the one thing that makes me think twice before entering their stores is the terrible service and treatment one sometimes gets. I'm almost grateful sometimes that they don't actually throw me out of the place... It's really insane, but you were so lucky to be served by such a wonderful saleslady! She's a real gem, and I bet the store is not even aware of it.

Anyway, keep up the good work dear! :-)

Love,
Izar

June 11, 2008 at 3:08 AM
Izar said...

Oh, by the way: what a coincidence that yesterday I taught my pre-intermediate English students about Seattle, and then I get to know you, who actually lives there. Aaand I have an aunt living near too (in Auburn).

How cool is that? :-)

One day I'm gonna visit your beautiful city, and look at it from the top of the Space Needle. :)

June 11, 2008 at 3:17 AM
Kyl said...

Izar:

Thanks so much for your comments! And for the link!

That woman was truly awesome and I didn't even catch her name. But, I just put a thank you note in the mail to that Sephora. I hope that she will receive it and get some well-deserved recognition!

Seattle is awesome! You definitely need to visit. Summer is a great time of year...

Thanks again, Kyl
June 11, 2008 at 8:40 PM

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels