MAC Attack: Limited Edition New View Collection

Next up in the MAC Summer '08 hit parade is the New View Collection. This limited edition (of course) collection features 5 duo combinations. Each compact features one natural matte shade for finishing/setting and one shimmer shade for highlighting. The standard collection of Skinfinish offers 8 shades of only matte powder, so the special thing with New View is the shimmer highlighter. New View also features the 189 Face Brush.

I've been using the Medium/Natural shade and I'm pretty much loving it. It is especially smashing used over the blushes from MAC Sonic Chic. Just a dab of color on the cheeks and then buff it out with the New View duo. Chic & easy.

Some pics of my sample (sorry for the mess -- I couldn't hold off using them). The powder can be used separately (matte or shimmer) or all together for an all-over highlight. The matte powder does offer a fair amount of coverage -- good for greasy summer foreheads. The shimmer powder looks really fab on cheekbones and I've even used it to accident the clavicle when wearing a more revealing neckline.

Oh, and although that 189 brush looks fantastic, I'm not yet rich enough to blow $40 on a brush. I've been using my New View Duo with the Total Face Brush from e.l.f. It works great and you can't beat the price! It's one dollar. Seriously... $1. So skip the brush and save your pennies for the Skinfinish Duos in New View. They retail for $26.50 online or at your local MAC counter.

 

2 comments:

second city penny pincher said...

i found ur blog through cheap jap. love your ideas for brushes for less...why are they so damn expensive? i look forward to reading more!

July 31, 2008 at 8:09 AM
Kyl said...

Hey SCPP:
Welcome to the Couch! I don't know what the deal is with brushes! I'm sure you could make an argument that the $40 MAC brush is better quality, longer-lasting, etc etc than the $1 e.l.f. brush. BUT, forty times the quality??? I doubt it.

Thanks for your comment!
July 31, 2008 at 2:19 PM

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels