Posh In Allure!

For reasons I may never understand, I have a fondness for Victoria Beckham (aka Posh Spice). Definitely I'm supremely envious of her reported collection of something like 1,000 Hermes Birkin bags. But beyond that, I like her because, as rich and ridiculous as she seems, she often comes off as kind of sweet and endearing in interviews. Here she is on the newly-released August 2008 issue of Allure. I really like this softer look for her.

I loved the Spice Girls (in a totally non-ironic way) in the late 90s. I have a tattered copy of this July 1997 (!) Rolling Stone kicking around somewhere in my basement. I've been carrying it around for over 10 years and just can't let go of it. Look how different Posh looked back then! She was even a healthy-appearing weight!

Note: this may have been the best ever Rolling Stone as it featured Oasis, Radiohead, and the Spice Girls. And for the record, my favorite was Ginger Spice

 

2 comments:

snb-the glamourista said...

i kind of enjoy vb too! she does look great in that pic. so she's beautiful, rich, and has david beckham as a husband. her life is hard....

July 21, 2008 at 8:41 PM
Kyl said...

Totally. But at least she doesn't pretend that her life isn't totally made. She always mentions how lucky and thankful she is, which I find a refreshing change from the usual oh-it's-so-hard-to-be-a-celebrity nonsense.
July 22, 2008 at 7:58 PM

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels