Product Lust: Nordstrom Beauty Exclusives

The time has arrived once again for Nordstrom's Annual Anniversary Sale. It is going on now and runs through August 3rd. With it comes the much-anticipated Beauty Exclusives which include various offerings from high-end brands only available at Nordie's. Do not be fooled into thinking these are uniformly good deals, however, only exclusives. There, you've been warned.

That being said, perusing over 100 beauty items inevitably ignited some product lusts. The worst offenders are these lovely items from Chanel. Aren't they gorgeous?


But since those are wildly out of my price range, I might consider consoling myself with the Clinique Glow Pretty Set ($25) which includes Fresh Bloom Allover Color in Camellia and Full Potential Lips Plump and Shine in Glamour-full.


This I actually think might be a good value: Laura Mercier Twilight Color Collection ($55). It includes a mix of mini and full-size items and comes with a double ended brush, a cute bag, and a bonus luscious hand cream.

Lastly, if you are in the gift-giving mood, you might consider surprising a bearded person in your life with the Art of Shaving Carry-On Kit ($35). Personally, I find the name of this brand pretentious, off-putting and kind of stupid.

Is there really an
art to shaving? An art? My sense is that the art is convincing the person that they are way, way, WAY overdue for a shave in a loving and non-nagging way. Once they take the all-important step of getting their ass into the bathroom, no art is required. Not that I have this kind of experience on a regular basis or anything...
*Ahem * At any rate, this would be a nice travel gift or even a stocking-stuffer for Holiday '08.

So get your drooling self to Nordstrom's to check out these and many more lovelies up close and personal. There are also some very nice
Gifts with Purchase available during the sale. And if anyone has any suggestions on enhancing motivation to shave, please leave a comment.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels