Wasting Time InStyle

I usually can't actually bring myself to buy an issue of InStyle magazine. But if one happens to be sitting around at the doctor's office, or a coffee shop, you can pretty much bet that I'll be flipping through it. Recently, I stumbled upon their online feature Celebrity Makeup Match which allows you to input your eye, skin, and hair color and be matched up with the gorgeous celebrity you obviously look just like!


Because, obviously, I look just like Angelina Jolie. While I realize that this is in no way actually true, it is secretly kind of flattering for some website to tell you that you are vaguely similar to one of the most beautiful women in Hollywood today.
But even if the Makeup Match won't get you Angelina's body, stylist, or wardrobe (or boyfriend, for that matter), what it can get you is suggestions on how to achieve her signature makeup look. Unfortunately, as is typical of InStyle, the suggested products are on the pricey side. But, I believe that, with a little persistence and creativity, one can achieve most looks without spending the big bucks. And since I'm on a budget kick these days, I thought I'd give some suggestions on how to make this work.

So here is Angelina's Look For Less:

Instead of NARS Glitter Pencil ($25)...

Instead of Smashbox Eye Shadow Trio...
Instead of Dior Addict Lipstick ...
So scoot on over to InStyle and see who is your celebrity twinkie. And, if interested, leave a comment with your celebrity and look and I'll look around for some cheap-o options. Have fun!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels