Anastasia All About Brows Kit

My God, is there a facial feature more abused than the eye brows? It's like people take out all their hidden anxiety on these poor helpless hairs. Hopefully, by now we all know that over-plucking is a big no-no. That is, unless you want to look tired, old and freaky.

The Anastasia "All About Brows" kit ($75) is a one stop kit for all your DIY brow grooming needs. This
set of six tools includes Tweezers, Brow Powder Duo, four Brow Stencils, Duo Angle/Spooley Brush, Brow Gel, and an Eye Lights highlighting pencil. The idea behind the stencil is to help you shape but not over-pluck your own brows. There are four shapes of stencils that supposedly match most brow shapes and sizes. The process then is to match the stencil that is a best fit to your own brows, then use it as a guide to determine which hairs need to go in order to further refine your brows. I found that the online video was really helpful to demonstrate this process.

Overall, these are very high quality products. The brow powders come as duos that can be blended as needed to achieve a matching shade. The powder contains antioxidants (vitamins C, E, and Chamomile Extract) that are supposedly protective and anti-aging. What I like most about the powder is that it has a creamy texture so that it clings to the brows. My favorite tool in the kit is the Duo Angle/Spooley Brush. The spooley end is great for combing the brows and for blending the powder. My second favorite is the Eye Lights Matte brow highlighter pencil. It is also creamy and non-shimmery which is nice for a change. The tweezers are great, get the job done easilynd the brow gel is also a winner. It is clear and actually dries clear. I also really liked that it didn't get "crusty" when it dried like some brow gels do. It held the brows in place without making them too stiff.

The stencils I feel kind of "eh" about. Everyone has a unique brow shape and while there are some common "types," I doubt that four stencils would account for all the variations out there. I was having this on-going problem with my arch hitting at two slightly different places between my right and left eye, so I gave the stencils a try (I used the "petite arch" shape). With the help of the stencil, I now feel more confident now that my brows match. This is a relief because it was driving me insane. So I'll give the stencils credit for that.

The big downside to the Anastasia All About Brows Kit is that it is wicked crazy expensive and hard to justify spending $75 just one one feature. However, as they point out, buying all these products individually would cost twice as much so if you're interested in one or two items, you might as well spring for the whole kit. The other argument is that it will last a long time. The stencils are reusable, the tools are high quality and unlikely to break, and the brow powder contains more than enough to last for at least a year or more. If you get handy at maintaining your brows yourself, then you may save money by skipping the salon touch-ups every few months. Either way, it's your call, but I think that if you go for the whole kit, you won't be disappointed.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels