Beauty Upgrade for Target

Coming soon to a Target near you are three new (supposedly) budget-friendly makeup lines by established high-end makeup artists Napoleon Perdis, Jemma Kidd and Petra Strand. This seems like a smart move, in my opinion, because the beauty department at Target is more than a little lacking. I have several complaints about shopping for beauty Target: the department is never properly stocked (there are more empty shelves than full ones!), the lighting sucks, the isles are too narrow, and they never have the newest releases. Overall, a very disappointing experience.

JK by Jemma Kidd is one of the new lines. It includes lip, face, eye and cheek items, as well as makeup tools. Princes will range from $14 - $36.

PIXI by Petra Strand works a skin-friendly angle with an eye toward creating flawless photo-perfect complexions. Their items will range from $12 - $39.

NP Set by Napoleon Perdis will be a playful take on the makeup artist's signature line. Perdis previously had a partnership worked out with Sephora, but apparently the two are parting ways in favor of his agreement with Target. As a result, all of the Sephora stock is on massive sale.

I excitedly dragged J. to Target today (with digital camera in tow) to check out these new products. Unfortunately, there were none to be found. They haven't even started to re-arrange the department to make room for the new lines so I don't know what's up with that. The department was in its usual state of total disarray and disorganization. There was even an unattended shopping cart with 2 large empty boxes piled on top of it right in front of one of the displays. Lovely. At least one beauty blogger caught a glimpse and posted some pics that look very promising. What is exciting is that there will be testers!

The prices are a bit concerning as they are on the high side (ie. an $18 JK eyeshadow). I would expect Target to aim for a price point somewhere between drugstore brands and Sephora brands, but this doesn't appear to be what they did. Heck, you can get MAC eyeshadow for $14.50 so what's the appeal of spending $18 at Target?

Either way, I'll definitely be checking these goodies out if they ever appear. But I'm just saying they will have to be pretty damn amazing for me to plunk down that kind of cash at Target.

 

3 comments:

oldergirlbeauty said...

Hi there. I just wanted to let you know that I was at Target yesterday and the displays were up already. I took some pics and posted them up if you wanna see how they are displayed.
I didn't walk out with anything, because the prices were a bit much for me, but I may go back and pick up a thing or two later.

August 24, 2008 at 3:09 PM
Kyl said...

Hey thanks, I'll def check those out. Who knows when my Target will get with the program???
August 24, 2008 at 5:33 PM

oldergirlbeauty said...

I know you've been busy, so hopefully your Target will get with the program soon and you can go wander leisurely. :)

August 27, 2008 at 6:42 PM

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels