Obsessed: LA Ink

To make a long story short, we don't have cable, HDTV, satellite or any other sort of "TV-plus" at my house. How this effectively works out is that we watch a lot of TV shows on DVD. The first season of LA Ink on TLC recently came out on DVD and I netflixed that baby faster than you can say move to the top of my list.

I am obsessed with this show and it's predecessor, Miami Ink. For the record, I don't have any tattoos, but watching this show always makes me entertain the possibility of getting one. But, what to get? And where??? I'm paralyzed with indecision!

In lieu of a tattoo, I can console myself with the Kat Von D exclusive makeup collection at Sephora. If you haven't seen the show, Kat (in sunglasses in the photo) wears a lot of makeup. But, she rocks it out and it totally works for her. She collaborated with Sephora to develop makeup inspired by her own look: two totally awesome eyeshadow palettes, dramatic lipsticks in shades of red, and sultry liquid eyeliner. Personally, I love the palettes.
True Romance Eyeshadow Palette in Beethoven ($34) will help you create Kat's trademark smokey, heavily-lined eye.
True Romance Eyeshadow Palettte in Ludwig ($34) is a tamer set of neutrals for those of us who don't work in tattoo parlors. But, it contains Lucifer (black matte) shade also found in Beethoven that can be used to vamp it up if you feel so inclined.

The cases are decorated with the classic tattoo roses and they are really unique and beautiful. The price may initially seem a bit expensive, but think of it this way: you're getting 8 different shades for $34, that's a little more than $4 per shade which is not bad. Also, reviews are very positive regarding quality and pigmentation of the palettes.

So tap into your rock n roll side with Kat's collection. Hey,
it's not permanent.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels