Getting Clean for the Cure

"What happens when a shoe-crazy, lipstick-obsessed, wine-swilling, pasta-slurping, fashion-fanatic, single-forever, about-to-get-married big-city girl cartoonist with a fabulous life finds... a lump in her breast?!?"

This is the frame for the graphic novel
Cancer Vixen, written by cartoonist Marisa Acocella Marchetto, about her experience with a breast cancer diagnosis. Inspired by her story and artwork, C.O. Bigelow has teamed up with Marisa to create a series of their signature products, featuring her artwork, to raise money for breast cancer research. They are available for a limited time at Bath & Body Works (online and in-store) with proceeds benefiting the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. C.O. Bigelow is also donating $250,000 to the cause.

The
Cancer Vixen Kit ($25, shown above) contains a sampling of several high quality C.O. Bigelow products including two of my favorites: Lemon Cream Body Wash and Cream.
The special edition Cancer Vixen Wild Berry Body Care ($12 - 14) series includes a cleanser, lotion and hand wash in a fresh wild berry scent. And, of course, you can also buy a copy of the book (including a autographed copy for a limited time) or just check out the preview.

I totally love the artwork on the Wild Berry products and I can only hope that the scent is as fun and interesting as Marisa herself seems to be. I've had good luck with Marisas thus far.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels