Low Maintenance Must Have: Sally Hansen Natural Shine

There are some beauty products that are so simply unassuming that their genius goes unnoticed. Sally Hansen Natural Shine Instant Nail Finish ($6) is one of these. On the low maintenance - high maintenance spectrum of individuals, I tend to fall out somewhere on the medium-high end. However, this wasn't always the case, and in my lower maintenance days, Natural Shine was in high rotation in a very minimal beauty regimen.

The name "Nail Finish" is a good description because it isn't a nail polish in the traditional sense. It essentially applies a shiny coat to the nails that mimics an elegant salon buff. It comes in clear or pink tint but even the pink tint is fairly colorless. In a matter of seconds, it will take your nails from dull to shiny and polished. A quick shaping with a nail file and you are ready to go.


Even better, because the formula is essentially clear, you can slap it on without much precision and there won't be any tell-tale stains. The best part is that it dries almost
instantly. Apply as you are leaving the house and it will be dry before you walk to your car. It comes in a small enough tube to carry in your purse or gym bag for a last minute touch up. For the truly low-maintenance, it is ideal because it wears off gradually without any identifiable chipping or wear. Thus, you don't even have to own a bottle of nail polish remover. But, if you did, that takes it right off.

This product is perfect for someone who would like to have nicer looking nails but isn't interested in investing time on a DIY or salon manicure.

 

3 comments:

Misti said...

Oh my. OH MY. I must have this.

Off to Walgreens...

September 30, 2008 at 11:12 AM
Jennifer Liu said...

ummmm... really? people, just go to eyeslipface.com for high quality nail polish.(yes, they have a clear lacquer too.) for $1!!!!!
elf makeup will save ya TONS!
for real...
it's been my best beauty find for makeup ever since i started using makeup n all that other girly stuff.(just really don't recommend their nail block, that is all!) everything else, i do recommend

November 29, 2008 at 5:50 PM
Kyl said...

Hi Jennifer:

I have heard of e.l.f. but have never tried it. The $1 items are definitely appealing, but I'm a little turned off by the shipping (Standard Shipping is $6.95 in the US and $14.95 in Canada). Maybe I'll give it a second look, though...
November 30, 2008 at 5:16 PM

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels