mark Flip For It Palette

Remember looking through Avon catalogs as a little kid? I remember thinking that they were the most glamorous things, full of all kinds of undiscovered treasures. Somewhere along the line, however, Avon lost its appeal and was forever relegated to "grandma" status.

mark is Avon's attempt to reclaim some of that early fascination. It features a full line of cosmetic and skin care products targeting a young and hip audience.

I don't remember where I heard about the mark Flip For It Palette, but I knew that I had to try it. This incredible product features seven (seven!) different products for creating a coordinated and flattering full face look with one single compact. Even more amazing is the price. Each compact contains two eye shadows, a blush, and four lip colors for a single price of $20. Did you catch that? $20. Fact.

There are three varieties of the Flip For It: Sydney, South Beach and London. I have been using the London Palette for a few weeks now and I am wholly impressed! The London palette features shimmery golden taupe and matte violet eye shadows/liner, peachy-pink blush, and four lip colors (two creamy matte and two glosses) in shades of mauve. This palette was initially designed for Spring 2008, but these colors will glide on into Fall without difficulty. There is a video demonstration of the palette that was on mark.girl but can now be found on youtube.

The eye shadows are particularly impressive. The golden taupe is absolutely gorgeous, pigment rich and beautiful. The matte violet is not as saturated and can add a subtle wash of color, or can be used slightly wet for a more intense application (this especially helpful in using the violet as a liner). The blush is more pigmented than it appears and is best applied with a light touch.

FYI: these swatches are applied fairly thickly to represent the color at its most intense.

The lip products in Flip For It are also pretty. The two upper shades are matte and the two lower are glossy. Makeup conventional wisdom holds that the absolute perfect lip shade is one that matches the color of the inside of your lip. If that is true, the upper left hand color is a perfect match for me. I'm not sure that I'd be satisfied only wearing this color for the rest of my life, but it does look very natural and pretty.


You can see from the lip product swatches that they are not intense. They are best used to provide a gentle wash of color for a polished look that is not overdone. My one complaint is about the texture of the upper matte shades: they are a little hard and require some firm pressure to actually scoop up some of the color.


All in all, I am quite impressed with my experience with mark thus far. I do not have another palette in my stash that beats this one in terms of price, versatility, and ease of use. It is especially perfect for travel and conserving valuable suitcase space. All that for $20, what's not to love?

 

1 comments:

Sherry said...

wow so pretty

November 12, 2009 at 6:01 PM

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels