Marvelous Minis

We just watched In Bruges the other night, a truly disconcerting movie in that I found it to be equal parts hilarious and disturbing. Definitely some parts were funnier than others, such as the following exchange between Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson:

Ray (Colin Farrell): What are they doing over there? They're filming something. They're filming midgets!

Ken: (Brendan Gleeson) Ray... [Ray runs off] Ray, come on. Let's go.

Ray: F*** off, Ken. They're filming midgets!


This is related in that I recently came across some very intriguing small-sized products that I thought were worth a mention.

The Tweezerman Petite Manicure Set ($20) is only 3.5 x 1.5 inches but contains all the necessaries for a manicure on the fly (nail file, cuticle/hangnail trimmer, pushy and nail cleaner) in a cute carrying case. I can think of so many uses for this: travel kit, stocking stuffer, thank you gift, emergency kit for a desk, purse, or briefcase, and camping just to name a few. It only has a little bit of pink on it so it might even be tolerable to a guy.

Anastasia Mini Brow Kit ($25), available exclusively at Nordstrom, includes my three favorite things from the Anastasia All About Brows Kit in miniature size: tweezers, clear brow gel, and the brow highlighter. I have some reservations about how easy it might be to use mini tweezers, but in a pinch it would work.
The Bourjois Mini Volume Glamour Mascara ($8 at Ulta but currently on clearance sale for $2 at Sephora) is a little gimmicky, but nevertheless cute. Essentially a charm for your cell phone, this is perfect for both the girl-on-the-go who loves to re-apply mascara and the girl-on-the-go who always forgets. Attach it to your cell and never again have an excuse for lackluster lashes. It's actually pretty good mascara, too.

 

3 comments:

second city penny pincher said...

cute stuff, thanks for sharing...will be great for travel!

September 23, 2008 at 12:59 PM
Misti said...

Oooo, that mini brown kit looks fab! I've been wanting to try her products without buying the whole freakin' kit.

September 26, 2008 at 10:20 AM
Kyl said...

The Anastasia stuff is so insanely expensive. Even $25 for this little kit is on the high side, but it is better than the usual $65-75. BTW, I thought that this kit was exclusive to Nordstrom, but I see that it is also on the sephora website. Let me know how you like it.
September 26, 2008 at 10:30 AM

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels