Product Lust: Chanel Smokey Eyes Shadow

In 1997, I went to see the flop Addicted to Love with my mom. After this, Mom was convinced that I should adopt Meg Ryan's look from the film. We went out that afternoon and bought a black and grey eyeshadow palette (Revlon, I think) and shortly thereafter I obtained some chunky blond highlights. My makeup skills were pretty rudimentary back then so I doubt that full Meg Ryan magnificence was ever achieved. But it wasn't for lack of trying.

Anyway, I was reminded of that little episode when I feasted my eyes on
Chanel's Les 4 Ombres Quadra Eye Shadow palette ($56) from the new Smokey Eye Collection. With shades of black, grey, pewter, and silver, this palette has me lusting for all the incredibly sexy looks it could inspire. The timing of this collection is also perfect after we were completely bombarded with all of the smokey eyes on the runways at the recent Fashion Week (see Carolina Herrera and Catherine Malandrino just to name two). The price for the Quadra is completely insane; it is Chanel after all.

Looking back, I'm still somewhat amazed that my mom became so impassioned about me adopting this look (this is highly unusual for her). But I went looking for some photo stills from the film to remind myself, and I must admit, it was a pretty good thing Meg had going on in those days.



 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels