Smokey Eye For Less

This coming Saturday is Nordstrom's Fall Cosmetic Trend Show. You might recall that the Spring Trend Show was one of the early inspirations for starting this blog. So I'm definitely looking forward to checking out a new season's worth of looks.

One of these looks I expect to be the smokey eye. I don't quite get how the "smokey eye" comes "in" again because it never actually ever seems to go "out." Maybe someone there can explain this to me. I have resolutely decided that I am not going to buy the Chanel Smokey Eye Quad that I drooled over during my last trip downtown. No matter how deliriously gorgeous it is. I just can't do it.

To comfort myself, I went searching for some cheaper, alternative palettes to achieve the smokey eye look you might crave. Not surprisingly, there were quite a few clocking in at significantly less than Chanel's outrageous $56.


So now that you have your cheap (or moderately priced) smokey eye palette, what are you going to do with it? Well, you are in luck because there are a zillion smokey eye how-to videos on youtube to reference. Some are better than others, this one is pretty good for a look that is simple and wearable.

 

2 comments:

Misti said...

That Physicians Formula looks awesome!! Thanks for the 'dupes'. :)

September 26, 2008 at 10:16 AM
Kyl said...

I have the same PF palette in a different color (baked oatmeal, I think) and it is really nice. The colors can be used wet/dry making it very versatile. Highly recommend!
September 26, 2008 at 10:26 AM

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels