Anastasia Brow Enhancing Serum

Previously I reviewed the Anastasia All About Brows Kit and was overall impressed but wary of the high price point. My experience with the Anastasia Brow Enhancing Serum has been remarkably similar.

Anastasia Brow Enhancing Serum ($35) is a clear gel that, when applied twice daily, is supposed to create fuller, more natural looking brows. The company reports that it contains a unique ingredient, Capigen, that "slows down excess hair loss and stimulates hair regeneration and renewal."

Anastasia reports that results are seen after 2 months of continuous use. This seemed like a long time to me. In two months, wouldn't your brows grow back naturally anyway?

Such things are difficult to determine in an N=1 experiment, but I started diligently using the serum hoping for the best. The serum itself is clear and a very thin gel. The wand applicator has a small brush to swipe the stuff over your brows. I would usually then do a quick smoothing with my finger just to evenly distribute. The gel absorbs surprisingly quickly and doesn't leave the hairs sticky. In fact, in a few minutes I could use the brow powder and other products in the kit without any problem. This is a real advantage, to my mind, because it allows you to continue covering up whatever over-plucking you've done while waiting for the serum to work. Twice a day is a bit hard to remember, but not onerous. Thankfully, the amount of serum in the tube managed to last for the two months.

And the results? It's hard to say and any discernible differences might be my imagination or placebo. However, one objective thing that I noted was that I was using the All About Brows kit less and less as time went on. In other words, the sparse areas of my brows seemed to be filling in. Whether this was natural re-growth or enhanced by the serum, I can't say for sure. But, my brows are looking fuller and thicker than they were two months ago.

Anastasia Brow Enhancing Serum is pretty expensive for one very specific beauty product. In my mind, it would be hard to justify spending $35 just for fuller brows. However, in the event of a real brow tragedy, then I would definitely recommend the serum. At that point, any and all help would be welcome.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels

Archives