Avon True Color Eyeshadow Palette & Smokey Eye FOTD

Today was a sunny but slightly chilly Fall day. I prefer the Summer heat, but the first few crisp days of Autumn can be beautiful and refreshing. Anyway, inspired by the weather, I went with a smokey eye look using my new Avon True Color Eyeshadow Palette in Smokey Eye ($7).

For some reason, I love boxes that are gratuitously printed on the inside.

The four colors of the quad (from left to right): sparkly white, baby doll pink, slightly shimmery grey, and darker graphite grey.
It's kind of messy because I didn't photo it before I used it. The colors are more accurate in the top pic.

Overall, the palette was fairly disappointing. The colors weren't particularly saturated and the white was too sparkly for my taste. Also, I would have preferred if they had provided another shade of grey rather than the pink, the pink being fairly useless in creating the look I wanted. The pink is also the least saturated of the four colors so it barely shows up on my skin. The Avon palette alone did not provide a satisfying level of smoke, so I ultimately resorted to using a bit of Howzat from the MAC Fafi palette just on the outer edge of the eye. That plus some black liner and mascara and I was ready to go. Just add a black turtleneck for extra drama.

Here's the finished look, apparently I'm on a FOTD roll these days.





Materials:
Avon Smokey Eyes Palette ($7)
Cover Girl Lash Blast Mascara ($8)
MAC Technakohl Liner in GraphBlack ($14.50)
MAC Select Moisturecover Concealer ($15.50)
MAC Warm Soul Blush ($21)
MAC Lipstick in Hue ($14)

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels

Archives