Eye Makeup Removers

One important aspect of wearing eye makeup, especially heavy eye makeup, is its eventual removal. Most eye makeup does not wash away with soap and water and failure to remove it can have some very unpleasant results (dry eyes, dirty pillows, lashes that fall out, etc). None of these are in any way desirable. Fortunately, there are many affordable eye makeup removers on the market. Here are a few that I've tried with varying results:

Avon Moisture Effective Eye Makeup Remover Lotion
($4 for 2 fl oz., currently on sale for $3)

The most striking thing about this product is how much it looks like Elmer's glue. This makes it somewhat disconcerting to put on your eye at first. But, rest assured, it is not glue. I like this product because it is incredibly gentle and does not leave a filmy residue. It also provides some moisture as it cleans the eye area, which is always nice. This one is probably my favorite.

Sephora FACE Eye Makeup Remover ($5 for 1.69 fl oz.)
Reminiscent of Windex, Sephora brand remover is also a solid product. The reviews on the Sephora website are fairly neutral, but I found this to be perfectly adequate for day to day usage. I agree that the blue dye is unnecessary and could be dispensed with. They also make a version for waterproof makeup.

The cheapest of the three products featured here, the Neutrogena Oil-Free Remover is my least favorite (and not because it's the cheapest!). It requires some vigorous shaking prior to usage which isn't a big deal unless you are in a hurry to get to bed (which I usually am). Even more problematic, it is not particularly effective and requires real scrubbing to get the job done. Usually Neutrogena products are fairly middle-of-the-road in terms of cost to quality ratio, but this one is a definite loser.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels

Archives