mark For Goodness Face

I kind of can't believe that I'm loving so hard on mark For Goodness Face ($15). Purchased a while back with the disappointing true color palette, it's been my go-to moisturizer for a few weeks. This oil-free, fragrance-free, all-purpose moisturizer also boasts the "powerful antioxidant combo of dark chocolate and blueberries." Honestly, there is probably very little to be gained from smearing antioxidants on your face (as opposed to eating them), but there is definitely benefit in the SPF 30 that this stuff also contains. I believe that it is fragrance-free in that it probably doesn't have any added fragrance. But, it definitely has a very mild scent that I personally find pleasing. The texture is a perfect creamy consistency and since using it I have noticed that my skin is looking less dry and irritated at the end of the day. Plus, it has SPF 30. Have I mentioned the SPF 30? Because it has SPF 30. Just checking.

Other interesting features include a very unique pump dispenser where pushing down on the the top produces a coin-sized blob of moisturizer. This is nice in that it doesn't involve dirty fingers contaminating an open jar of moisturizer. It's also kind of fun. What I
don't like about the packaging, however, is that it is really excessive. The cream is in an inner container that is within another clear outer container. This begs the question: why are there two flippin' plastic containers?! It just seems so wasteful and unnecessary. It also makes it impossible to see how much of the cream is left at any given time. I guess I'll know when the pump action fails to produce the regular blob. But that's kind of annoying, isn't it? Maybe the duo-container is required for cool pump action dispenser. But, if that's the case, I'd rather just have a regular jar (dirty fingers and all) than a double plastic nightmare. Even worse, the plastic containers do not appear to be recyclable! Argh!

All in all, I'm pretty disappointed about the crappy packaging because I totally love the product. Finally, I thought, a good quality but budget-friendly daily moisturizer with SPF! But now I'm feeling really torn because I want to recommend this product, but I really, really disapprove of the wasteful container. I guess you'll just have to make up your own mind.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels

Archives