Montagne Jeunesse Mud Pac Masque

Although I have mentioned these masques in passing previously, it wasn't until this past weekend that I finally gave one a test drive. Montagne Jeunesse has an entire line of facial masques for exfoliation, nourishing, hydrating, and lots of other stuff. At my local Ulta, there is a large selection which made selecting a masque challenging. Ultimately, I settled on the Dead Sea Anti-Stress Mud Pac ($2) which is for normal, oily, and T-zone skin and promises to "ultra deep pore cleanse." They claim to have "harvested Deep Sea Mud to draw out impurities and open blocked pores to give clean, soft skin." Sounds good to me.

The entire Montagne Jeunesse line is hippie-approved and this mask in particular is not tested on animals and is Vegetarian Society approved. It is also paraben-free. Strangely, I admit to being charmed by the quirky weirdness that is Montagne Jeunesse. A quiz to determine if you are chocolate or sex (I know, it doesn't make any sense to me either, but for the record, I'm chocolate) is just one of the many strange things that one will come across on their website.

Anyway, on to the product review. On tearing open the package, one is supposedly transported by the lovely smells of Lavender, Sweet Seaweed and Dead Sea Minerals. I'm not sure which of these smell like a man's shaving cream, but whichever one does is winning out the scent war in a big way. Seriously, my husband used to use a shaving gel that smelled exactly like this and I seriously doubt that it was because it contained Dead Sea Minerals. Despite the fairly offensive smell, I decided to press on. Thankfully, after 2-3 minutes it faded. The masque itself is light green in color and paste-like in consistency. The package contains more than enough for one generous application. After waiting the required time (and then some), I hopped in the shower to rinse thoroughly.

And the results? Nothing miraculous, but definitely as good as many other more expensive masks I've tried. My skin was soft and had a renewed "fresh" appearance. One nice surprise was that some of the blotchy, red areas on my face that I've been covering with concealer faded a bit after the treatment. And so far, there have been no bad after-effects (breakouts, rashes, etc).

In summary, if you can get past the smell the Mud Pac was a pleasant experience and I would recommend giving it a try. The nice thing about these masques is that they are all in the $2-3 range so it's not a big investment. In time with the change of seasons, I'm currently intrigued by the pumpkin based eye treatments and I'll definitely be checking them out in the future.

 

2 comments:

loovexmillion said...

I am not too sure you got my last comment, but I will say again that I applaud your other blogs, such as this one. It's funny I bought the same mask brand, cheap, kinda fun, something for me and my boyfriend to experience and get a laugh at together...I liked it too, not necessity but why not every once in a while for soft cheeks. I forget which mask type I got but it smelt better then the one your talking about, you should try the other ones out. lol :)

BTW, you have gained a avid blog reader, so I guess a little controversy is a good attention grabber, was that your plan all along? :pp

I admire how you write, I hope to be a good writer some day, my lack of writing rule knowledge will hold me back, but I'm in my first year of college I still got English 100 to help me out, ha ha.

Please and thanks for this blog,
Brittney

November 14, 2008 at 1:49 AM
Kyl said...

Brittney,

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I'm kind of amazed you came back, quite frankly! It's cool that your BF is willing to try out a face mask with you, my husband would never be such a good sport.

k.
November 15, 2008 at 5:14 PM

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels

Archives