Tarte Lock & Roll

Continuing on my tarte obsession, I am completely thrilled with the tarte Lock & Roll Creaseless Cream & Powder Shadow Duo ($17). The nice thing about this product is that it simplifies the old makeup artist trick for getting long-lasting color by putting the cream + powder in one handy product. Nice!

Application is a cinch. Simply apply the cream color with the brush and then use the roller-ball mechanism to place the powder over top. And you're done. The brush can deposit a bit too much, so I would recommend using a pinky finger to smooth it out and evenly distribute the cream. Despite my expectation, the roller-ball deposits color surprisingly well for an overall polished look in no time at all.

The Lock & Roll is available in seven different color combinations. I tried it in Rose Gold, a shimmering pinkish gold, and found it to be really flattering on my light-colored eyes. It was intense for work, however, so I had to tone it down with a light dusting of powder over top. But for a night time look, it would be great.

This product is genius in that not only does it provide a 2-in-1 eyeshadow primer + powder combo for long-lasting color, it comes in a very convenient, sleek pen-sized package perfect for the gal-on-the-go. It might even qualify for a Low Maintenance Must Have. It is on the expensive side, but if you're looking for one product to perk up your peepers, this might be it. Lock & Roll is available at tarte.com and at Sephora.

*Incidentally, shop at Sephora.com from 11/6 - 11/10 and get 20% off everything when you use check out code FF2008.*

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels