Vintage Inspiration

For whatever bizarre psychological reason, we all respond to marketing and product packaging. Yet, what appeals to some folks doesn't appeal to others. For myself, I absolutely flip for "vintage" style packaging. Something about those old-timey fonts and graphics just makes my heart happy. I don't think I'm the only one because there appears to be more and more vintage-inspired things on the shelves every day. Here are a few items that have caught my attention.

The "best of" list standby: Rosebud Perfume Co. line of multi-use balms is always a favorite.


TINte Cosmetics Flavored Lip Color ($14) includes the word "vintage" right on the label, for extra emphasis. I think I had about ten of these when I was in junior high.

A newer version seems to be on10's line of candy and soda-inspired products like the Vanilla Creme Crescent Lip Balm ($9). This one is particularly pretty, in my opinion.

Of course, if you want to class it up, look no further than Besame Cosmetics and their entire line of high quality, and always beautifully designed products such as the Classic-Cashmere Powder Compact ($31 -- conveniently sold on zappos.com). Who wouldn't love to have this in their holiday party clutch?

Also on the classy continuum, and just in time for the holidays, is Elizabeth Arden's Eight Hour Cream 1950s Vintage Set ($50). It contains another cult favorite, Arden's Eight Hour Skin Protectant Cream, as well as an Eight Hour Lip Protectant Stick both in charming, retro-chic packages.

Last, but certainly not least, is Estee Lauder's Holiday 2008 Collection: Vintage Jewels. With products inspired by precious stones like Amethyst (my birthstone!) and Emerald, the collection includes beautiful products like the Shimmering Jewel Powder ($32) and Hydra Lustre Lipstick ($20) shown below.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels