Let's Hear It for the Boys

Unlike us ladies, most men seem to be only minimally interested in the vast array of personal grooming products on the market. There are notable exceptions, of course, but my J. is even more extreme in his stubborn disinterest than most. Nevertheless, I can't help but wanting to find a blog-worthy holiday gift for his stocking.

Turns out that there are a lot of men's products available. Ranging from shaving kits to skin care to fragrance, there is such a variety available that the task was more challenging than anticipated. Ultimately I settled on this (I can post this because he never reads my blog, can you imagine?!):

Anthony Logistics for Men Perfect Shave Kit ($50). This gift set caught my attention because it contains several products I thought he might enjoy trying: a facial cleanser, shave oil, shave cream, and after-shave balm. Shaving is actually a pretty drying process for the face in particular, so my hope is that the oil, cream, and balm provide some healthy moisturization. The kit also comes with a shave towel and is packed in a reusable travel bag. The travel bag is supposedly shaped to fit in a shoe compartment in a standard garment bag. So that's pretty neat, huh?
Of course, there are many other options as well, such as Sephora Scent Sampler Bestsellers for Him ($50) -- People are raving about these scent samplers and with good reason! Each sampler contains ten deluxe samples of best-selling fragrances to try. But that's not all! The kit also comes with a voucher which can be redeemed for a larger size of whichever scent is determined to be the recipient's favorite.

Ole Henricksen Men's Kit ($70) -- This colorful collection contains "highly effective, no fuss products tailored to meet the modern man's skincare needs." Complete with a facial cleanser, hair wash, facial scrub and a moisturizer, it is all a low-maintenance man would need to class up his morning routine.
Lastly, if you were looking for a cheaper option to add some sophistication to your favorite man's shower, try L'Oreal Vive Pro for Men Absolute Clean Hair & Body Wash ($5). Not only would it perfectly fit into a stocking, but it is a 3-in-1 shampoo, conditioner, and body wash, further stream-lining the showering process for a busy (or disinterested) guy.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels