Sneak Peek: Anastasia Highlighting Brow Kit

There is a new product from brow guru Anastasia coming your way and I've been lucky enough to preview it! The Highlighting Brow Kit ($32) is a versatile product that can do as much or as little as you ask. It contains two terracotta baked disks: one of Anastasia's amazing brow powder in three shades of brown and the other a trio of highlighting powders in shades of champagne, copper and gold. For basic use, the brow powder is used to darken, thicken, and fill in sparse brows. It has the same creamy texture that I really like about Anastasia's regular brow powder because it clings to the brow hairs for a lasting effect while still looking soft and natural. The highlighting trio can then be used along the brow bone to draw light to the area and create a higher arch. Both disks can be used wet or dry depending on the amount of drama you want.

But that is just the beginning! This product is great because it is able to go beyond the brows and provides opportunities for even more creativity in your look. For example, the brow powder can be used wet as a eye liner or used dry as a contouring shade for the crease. It could even be smudged on the lid for a sexy, smokey look. The highlighting powders can also be used wet or dry as eye shadows for an especially shimmery party look. Because it is so compact and versatile (and contains a mirror), it would be a fantastic travel palette. It is also fairly good value considering the amount and different shades of product that it contains.

I have tried out the Highlighting Kit for a few weeks now in many of the variations described above and I think it's a great product. I especially love the brow powder trio because the browns can be mixed and blended to create the perfect shade. The highlighting powders are high quality and work well, but are just a bit too glittery for my taste. I prefer the more matte Eye Lights pencil. But that is just a personal preference.

The Anastasia Highlighting Brow Kit is available now on Anastasia's website. It will also be available at Sephora starting January 29, 2009 and at Nordstrom at some yet to be determined date.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels