NOTW: Dior Nude Chic

I haven't featured any Nail Of The Week (NOTW) in a really long time. The explanation for this is that I can't quite find a good place in my house to polish my nails. In my old apartment, I could sit on the toilet and use the edge of the sink, which was perfect. But now, there is no similarly convenient spot. Lame, I know, but that's the truth.

But I was once again inspired to bust out of my rut when I spied this gorgeous color from Dior: Dior Vernis Nude Chic ($20). Yes, it is ridiculously expensive. I mean, aren't we in an economic crisis?! After walking around the store a good 20 minutes trying to talk myself out of it, I justified it as my birthday gift to myself (today's my birthday).

But all rationalization aside, the fact remains that I am in love with this color. It is an opaque slightly pinkish nude that is perfect, perfect for my bluish pale skin. It is just so amazingly subtle and polished, I can hardly stand it. Supposedly there is an ever-so-slight shimmer, but my eyes don't see it.

The quality is quite good and it is completely opaque in two easy to apply coats (seriously, for that much money, it better be a dream to apply). I haven't tried it yet, but I'm guessing it will make a pretty cute pedi as well.


As an aside, when I asked my husband to describe the color, he stated that it is "white person color," which I suppose is more accurate and less offensive than "nude." Maybe "White Person Nude" would be a better name, but I suppose that would be hard to fit on the bottle.

Anyway, if you are going to splurge on a $20 nail polish this season, I highly recommend Nude Chic. I'm seriously considering buying a spare.

 

2 comments:

snb-the glamourista said...

ooh, i like that!

February 19, 2009 at 5:15 PM
Kyl said...

Yes! I think I like it better than Lippmann Sarah Smile even. It is also a good wedding color in case anyone is getting married soon...
February 20, 2009 at 8:56 AM

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels