Prescription Lashes

Have you heard about Latisse -- the miracle serum recently approved by the FDA? No? What does it do, you ask?

It supposedly lengthens, thickens and darkens eyelashes. This is after you spend the $120/month, apply it daily, and wait 2-4 months for it to start working. Oh, and perhaps tolerate the potential side effects of itchy eyes, eye redness, a change in skin color, and a potentially permanent darkening of the iris. Did you hear that?! A potentially permanent darkening of the iris. Yikes.

The active ingredient is bimatoprost, which has been used in glaucoma eye drops since 2001. Its lash-lengthening potential was discovered when users of the eye drops reported having increasingly lush lashes. Can you imagine the drug company's excitement?

I'm not sure that I would jump aboard the Latisse train yet, but I'm sure plenty of people will be heading to doctors to request a prescription. It reminds me of a professor I had once who, when talking about research on free radical damage to cells, would say, "We may understand this someday, but the Oil of Olay people will figure it out before medicine ever does."

Thanks Meghan!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels