Bright Ideas

Recently, I am completely obsessed with color. This is partly inspired by new blossoms returning color to the outside world and partly by some painting I'm thinking of doing in my house. So it is fitting that I watched Across the Universe over the weekend. Have you seen this movie? If not, you really need to. It has such incredible visual design and choreography. Really, really inspired.

Anyway, so back to color. Lucky for me, it turns out that lots of makeup designers have color on the brain these days. The Bobbi Brights Eye Palette ($70) was inspired by some of the more colorful looks Bobbi Brown designs for Fashion Week. Not known for shockingly outrageous colors, this collection of 35 soft matte eyeshadows is a fun departure for a woman who usually excels at flattering neutrals. Of course, Bobbi cautions that if using something this bright on the eyes, then to keep the rest of the face neutral to avoid looking overly painted. As a note, this palette is quite small. Each color is about the size of an m&m and the whole palette is the size of an index card.

If $70 isn't in your budget, the Sephora Color Play Palette ($22) is a convenient alternative. It has 36 eyeshadows, 12 lip glosses, 3 blushes, 1 bronzer and 3 applicators all for an affordable $22. It is also quite compact, measuring only 6.5 x 7 inches (a slightly bigger index card). But even with their small sizes, both palettes will inspire creativitiy and give your regular look a shot of beautiful color.

I'm seriously obsessed with this movie. Don't miss the sexy Salma Hayek nurses.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels

Archives