NOTW: OPI Catherine the Grape

Catherine the Grape ($6) by OPI is not a new shade, but it only recently joined my collection. So despite being around since the Russia Collection in Fall 2007, it's new to me.

Purple nails are a personal favorite, so I'm pretty pleased Catherine the Grape is finally all mine! It is a beautiful grape-juice shade of purple with the ever so tiny amount of shimmer. The shimmer is hardly even visible, honestly. This is a fantastic shade because it is a true purple--not one of the near-blacks that have been so popular these days. Don't get me wrong, I love the near-black trend, but sometimes a girl just needs a plum.

Speaking of which, there has been a lot of buzzing on beauty blogs this week about Ginnifer Goodwin's nails in He's Just Not That Into You. I haven't seen it (read the book, though), but apparently she sports a very striking purple mani for pretty much the entire film.

There was a bit of speculation about what color was used on Ginnifer, but the official word from the movie's makeup artist is that it is Nubar Pasadena Purple. I don't have a bottle to do a comparison, but I think that Catherine the Grape would be a good approximation of this look. If you are looking for more potential duplicates, check out The Non-Blonde's post on her favorite purple polishes.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels

Archives