NOTW: SpaRitual Mood

This week's manicure comes to us from eco-friendly SpaRitual. The color is (appropriately enough) called Mood and it is a gunmetal gray with a slight shimmer. This is absolutely one of my favorite colors because it reminds me of a polish I wore in college from the now-defunct Revlon Street Wear collection. That color may have even been called "Gunmetal" but I can't remember. It was the only polish I owned back then and I wore it all the time.

Mood is a great color and consistent with the gray trend in Spring makeup mentioned yesterday. And, it even matches my new favorite pair of shoes. So how cool is that?


But, my review would be remiss if I didn't mention the persistent problem that I have with the SpaRitual formula. SpaRitual, for the uninitiated, is a non-toxic line of nail care products

"committed to creating eco-friendly products and packaging perfectly crafted for the enlightened consumer. We use Vegan ingredients from around the world, including many specially sourced and selected plant essences that are wildcrafted OR organic. The formulations are naturally colored and free of synthetic dyes."

Which is all very well and good except that the formula completely sucks and has terrible wear on my nails. If I can get through one day without a chip or the entire nail flaking off, it is a minor miracle. I have tried using every basecoat-topcoat combination that I own and it performs the same with all of them. Sometimes, more naturally-derived polishes don't go well with more traditional, "old-school" topcoats or basecoats. But even trying Mood with other non-toxic polishes resulted in the same irritating chip-prone experience. Grrrrr.

It's enough to make a girl crazy, since I absolutely love the color, the recycled Italian glass bottle and the patented Plum Cap. Even the upcoming Spring 2009 Cherish Collection looks amazing (two oranges!) but I hesitate to indulge because of the experience I've had with Mood. Anyway, it's a mixed bag with SpaRitual, not made any easier by the fact that they can be hard to find. But for the tried-and-true, natural-product devotee, SpaRitual is def worth checking out.


 

2 comments:

The Crazy Cat Lady said...

I totally remember that Street Wear color! I had it too and thought it was so very vampy. I want it back! BTW, my dad shared your blog with me :) I love it!

March 27, 2009 at 11:45 PM
Kyl said...

Hey CCL:

Thanks for the comment and for validating my memory of that Street Wear color. It was awesome.

Incidentally, I didn't know any Dads read my blog. But, how cool is that?

kyl
March 28, 2009 at 11:28 AM

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels

Archives