Review: Maybelline Lash Stiletto

Unless you've been living under a rock for the past few months, you have undoubtedly seen an ad, commercial or online review of Maybelline's newest mascara, Lash Stiletto ($8). The makers of the legendary Great Lash have produced the "ultimate length mascara." Lash Stiletto promises to do for your lashes what stilettos do for your legs -- lengthen, lengthen, lengthen.

Lash Stiletto boasts a special "Grip and Extend" brush that coats every hair and extends them to their fullest potential. I've been wearing Lash Stiletto for the past few weeks and I think it is a very good drugstore mascara. It definitely lengthens my lashes beyond what I thought was even possible. The directions advise to avoid letting the layers dry between coats and this is key to get the longest length possible. There have been times when I got so carried away with the results that I just applied more and more until things got ridiculous. Here are some pictures of a more restrained application.

Pre Lash Stiletto
Post Lash Stiletto -- two coats

You can see the difference, no? It's pretty impressive in person. Lash Stiletto also has very respectable wearing power and does not smudge or flake as the day wears on. The downside is that ladies who are looking to thicken and lengthen their lashes might be disappointed as this mascara is not a multi-tasker. While Lash Stiletto meets its claim to lengthen, it doesn't do much to increase lash fullness. Additionally, at times it can veer towards being a little clumpy at application. This can generally be avoided by taking care not to overload the brush, however.

Maybelline Lash Stiletto may be the best lengthening drugstore mascara on the market. I have thoroughly enjoyed trying it out and can honestly say that I've incorporated it into my daily routine. Pick one up at your local drugstore or enter The Beauty Couch Lash Stiletto Giveaway starting Tuesday, March 24 for a chance to win one for free!

 

2 comments:

Velvet said...

What a lovely blog you have! I might just have to try "Lash Stiletto".

March 23, 2009 at 5:38 PM
Kyl said...

Hey Velvet!
Thanks for stopping by, be sure to stop back tomorrow to enter the giveaway.

kyl
March 23, 2009 at 7:11 PM

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels

Archives