Review: tarte Peaches & Cream Foundation

On any given month, a magazine article by some well-intentioned beauty editor will expound upon the trendiness of beautiful, luminous, glowing skin. Which only begs the question: good skin is a trend? If that's the case, I can't wait till someday I open a magazine and I see this:
Top Beauty Experts Predict Chin Acne Huge This Summer!

Whatever. My point is that everyone wants beautiful, luminous, glowing skin pretty much at any age and pretty much at all times. I would call that a fact, not a trend. Thankfully, my ever-favorite brand, tarte, has formulated a fantastic, easy-to-use foundation that will do just that: Tarte Peaches & Cream Oil-Free Liquid Powder Mineral Foundation with SPF 20 ($35).

Having never been a fan of liquid foundations, I wasn't sure what to expect, but Peaches & Cream surprised me with the flawless appearance it provides. The creamy texture is easy to spread with a latex sponge and it dries to a light powder finish. That might sound like it would result in dry-appearing skin, but it doesn't. My theory is that the mineral ingredients reflect light to produce that beautiful mineral-makeup glow. No messy powder or special brushes required. This foundation is perfect for someone who wants the mineral-makeup look without the mineral-makeup mess.

Depending on how much coverage is needed on any given day, anywhere from a dime-sized to as much as a nickle-sized blob will cover my entire face blending into the neck. I've had the same tube for over two months and it isn't even half gone. That being said, one downside is that it is a bit spendy. Another potential problem is that it only comes in four shades. Even more concerning, it is a limited edition product, which means that it may disappear in the future. Yikes!

Peaches & Cream excels at creating an even canvas upon which to work without appearing chalky, dry, mask-like or thick. I sincerely hope that tarte considers adding this incredible product to its permanent collection. Or, at least, give me some fair warning so I have time to stock up!

 

2 comments:

iCandy said...

Thinking of buying this foundation from tarte. Your blog is awesome!
love,
iCandy

August 17, 2009 at 11:15 PM
Kyl said...

Hi iCandy:

Thanks for your comment (and compliment!). I def recommend getting some of this. I'm still using it so it lasts forever. Highly recommend!
August 18, 2009 at 6:54 PM

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels

Archives