Spring Trend: Icy Gray Eyes

With the Daylight Savings switch safely behind us, it is definitely time to look toward Spring. Which means, of course, exciting new Spring makeup trends! Woo-hoo!

One trend showing up on runways, magazines and blogs recently is a slight turn away from the heavy, smoky eye of last Fall toward a lighter, icy gray. This trend has been spotted on celebrities like Sarah Jessica Parker at the Oscars and Jennifer Hudson at the Grammys. Initially, I thought that grey shadow would only look good on light-colored eyes, but after seeing how beautiful Jennifer looked, there is no reason darker eyes can't pull this off as well.

This is a very accessible trend because it can be played up or down depending on your level of comfort. Go for a more exaggerated look (as shown on the model) at night or keep it simple with just a bit of gray eyeliner for day. Add a bit of sparkle to glam it up even more. Another key thing about this trend is that it doesn't require a huge investment in new products. One small gray eyeshadow or gray pencil is all you need! Here are a few products with which to experiment...


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels

Archives