Whiten Up: Listerine Whitening Pre-Brush Rinse

For all the obsessing over beauty products, the fact remains that everyone is more beautiful when they smile. Taking care of your chompers is likely an established part of your beauty routine, but challenges remain. Coffee, tea, red wine and dark-colored soda lovers are likely all acutely aware of the dreadful teeth stain that they cause. As a regular coffee-drinker, this is a serious problem for me. Plenty of teeth-whitening products are available, but most have been intolerable to my sensitive teeth. The Crest White Strips literally sent shock waves through my teeth within five minutes of putting them on. It sounds crazy, but it happens to a lot of people and it's not pleasant.

So I had given up on any over-the-counter teeth whiteners until I found Listerine Whitening Pre-Brush Rinse ($7). The concept is slap-your-head simple: rinse with a small amount for a minute prior to brushing, then brush as usual. Whitening is supposed to be visible within twelve weeks of twice daily use. In my experience, there were visible differences in about a month. Yes, it's a long time to wait for whitening, but then again, it didn't irritate my teeth or cause any pain or discomfort like more immediate whiteners do. To be sure, the results are notable, but don't expect a news-anchor gleam. Overall, it removed the more prominent stains and provided some general brightening. So, in my opinion, it's worth the effort and the wait. If you have been unable to use other whitening products due to sensitivity, consider giving this a try. It's easy-to-use, economical and readily available in drugstores.

Or, I suppose you could give up coffee... but that's just crazy talk.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels

Archives