Five Minute, Five Product F.O.T.D. featuring MAC Moon River

My intent with this F.O.T.D. is to really show off the Moon River Grand Duo I raved about yesterday. It is my firm opinion that if you are looking for the fastest way to every-day gorgeous, blush is the answer. Incidentally, Bobbi Brown agrees with me.

But, for some reason, blush is much maligned. I can only postulate that it is because abuses (like the horrifying 1980s stripe) easily come to mind. Eye makeup or lipstick can be just as easily misused, but people tend to be especially critical of blush. What did blush ever do you? Besides make you look healthy and more attractive than you would otherwise.

At any rate, I maintain that the only product you should wear every day (besides SPF, obvs) is blush. So here is my Five Minute, Five Product Face Of The Day. Notice how the blush works to not only beautify the cheeks, but really polishes up the entire face. The shimmer from Moon River is visible as well. Eyes and lips are relatively bare, but the look comes together and works.


In all fairness, I did go a little heavy on the blush because I'm trying to make a point here. While putting this together, I was reminded how easy it can be to create some glamour for yourself every day. Five minutes and five products are all you need.

Products used:
Stila Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer in Shade 01
($32)
Bare Minerals All-Over Face Color in Warmth ($20)
MAC Moon River ($23)
L'Oreal Bare Naturale Gentle Lip Conditioner in Soft Petal
($10)
Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 Natural Mascara ($18)

 

5 comments:

Sharifa said...

I love BLUSH! Thaks for this blog... People who dont wear blush offend me:)

April 14, 2009 at 10:10 AM
Shannon said...

Blush fanatics unite! I haven't tried any of the MAC blushes, but those look beautiful.

Lately I'm totally obsessed with Coralista from Benefit. For someone who "doesn't like corals" it's an odd choice perhaps. I want to pick up some more wearable pinks!

April 14, 2009 at 9:32 PM
Kyl said...

Hey Sharifa:

thanks for the comment! i'm always surprised at how vehemently some people oppose blush. i just don't get it!
April 14, 2009 at 10:03 PM

Kyl said...

Shannon:

MAC blushes are fantastico! I haven't purchased Coralista yet, but I tried it on in Sephora and I agree that it's amazing! Who knew coral would look so great?

Like I mentioned, MAC Mineralize in Dainty is another great pink you should check out. On the cheaper side, CoverGirl Cheekers have a nice selection of matte pinks for around $4. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Blends have color plus shimmer, similar to the Grand Duos and they are around $10-12.

Good luck and let me know what you find!
April 14, 2009 at 10:10 PM

Shannon said...

I'm trying to limit my department store/Sephora buys (so hard!) but I will have to check some of those out. Thanks!

April 16, 2009 at 11:07 PM

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels

Archives