Glamorous Gifts: Mother's Day 2009

Good Lord. Is it Mother's Day again? Didn't we just have one of those last year? Two weeks from today it is officially Mother's Day -- May 10, 2009 for those of us in the U.S. I believe the U.K. has it in April, so I'm sorry I was of absolutely no help in choosing a gift for your Mum if you happen to live there.

But, back to Mom. What Mom in her right mind would not love a beauty gift? Here are a few of my current favs:

Stila My Mother, My Hero ($38) -- Now, how sweet is that name? This limited edition kit from Sephora contains four products sure to make their way into Mom's regular routine: a sheer plum lipstick, a thickening mascara, a shimmering bronze eye shadow trio, and an illuminating finishing powder all tucked into a very cute brushed-gold clutch.
After looking at it in person, and I can verify that the clutch is actually cute and not chintzy looking, so that's a plus. There is a slight concern over the age appropriateness of the shimmering bronze eye shadow trio since I'm not sure how many Moms over 45 or so would go for that. But, I could be wrong (it's been known to happen).

Anastasia Five Item Brow Kit ($65) -- Even if your Mom isn't a big into the beauty products, chances are she might benefit from a bit of brow grooming. Unfortunately, as women age, the brows tend to get thinner, lighter and less pronounced overall. This can lead to a general wash-out look that doesn't do anyone any favors. So even a minimal-makeup Mom would appreciate this kit from the eyebrow master, Anastasia. It is similar to the All About Brows Kit, minus the matte highlighter, and will easily set right those lackluster brows.

Clinique Lash Power Mascara Bonus Set ($19) -- With a double-ended eye liner pencil with two shades of brown, a long-wearing mascara, and a hydrating cream that acts to reduce the appearance of puffiness, darkness and fine lines (and a bonus lipgloss!) this kit has everything Mom needs to really play up her eyes at a very budget-friendly price. [Sorry, no good picture for this one.]

Philosophy Amazing Grace Fragrance Layering Gift Set ($60) -- If your Mom is more of a scented bath kind of gal, definitely check out this kit featuring Philosophy's best-selling fragrance, Amazing Grace. Let Mom pamper her skin with the exfoliating buffing wash, followed by the moisturizing firming body emulsion and finish it off with a spritz of spray fragrance. Delicious!
Bliss Spa Lemon + Sage Set ($80) -- For any lemon-lovin' Moms out there, try these rich, moisturizing products for skin that is smooth, silky and smells of fresh citrus. Mmmmm. Plus, save $15 on gifts for mom at Bliss when you buy 1 body butter + 1 scrub + 1 shower gel (any scent!). Use code SAVE15. Offer ends 5.11.09.


Whatever you finally settle on for your Mom, don't forget the other Moms in your life: mothers-in-law, friends who are new mommies (as in, everyone I know), sisters, aunties and grandmas. And if you are a mom, don't forget to treat yourself -- it's your day after all. We all know you deserve it.

 

1 comments:

avagdro said...

Thanks Kyl for sharing.A one more great way to gift Mum.Wish you all in hand a joyful Mum's day.

lol:)
Send flowers to Bangalore|Send flowers to chennai|Send flowers to India

April 27, 2009 at 12:23 AM

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels

Archives