MAC Attack: Grand Duos

Although these have been out for a while, I haven't yet had the chance to write about the latest Mineralize Collection from MAC: Grand Duos ($23). If you recall, I fell in love with the Mineralize blushes of Sonic Chic last Summer and continue to wear them regularly. So I wasn't planning on investing in any of the Grand Duos; that is, until I saw them in the store.

As the name implies, each of the seven blushes in this collection has two different products baked into one. One half is a shimmery, marbleized tri-color mix and the other is a solid matte color. The two halves can be used together or separately depending on how you feel on any particular day. The collection contains shades of brown, rose, plum and pink to satisfy a wide range of blush preferences. The color is highly pigmented, easily blend-able and build-able. Plus, it sort of acts as a 2-in-1 product because the marble size adds a shimmery highlight without the need for a separate step.

From the promotional materials:
Soft shimmer, super-shine pearl in a pretty tri-colour veining to enhance and glorify cheekbones, followed with the pop and dimension of solid colour shimmer without an overly frosted look. A sophisticated but simple new way to get your vital minerals!

The collection includes:
  • Moon River Blue pink mélange / Pale yellow pink
  • Love Rock Gold violet mélange / Bright blue pink
  • Grand Duo Copper pink mélange / Plum
  • Light Over Dark Orange yellow mélange / Deep brown
  • Earth to Earth Purple bronze mélange / Yellow brown
  • Hot Planet Copper yellow mélange / Mid-tone plum
  • Intenso Pink gold mélange / Terracotta rose
I opted to try Moon River, a soft pink and blue-pink shimmer duo. Stupidly, I hoped that after trying it on, I would be convinced that it is similar enough to Dainty that I wouldn't need to buy it. Predictably, I was wrong and Moon River has made its way into regular rotation.

It is definitely the shimmer that makes this product for me. While the two sides can be used separately, I tend to just swirl them all together with one brush and then apply as usual. The result is a beautiful, flattering flush with a glamorous shimmer to really show off those cheekbones.

Overall, if you love mineral makeup and love other MAC Mineralize products, then Grand Duos is definitely for you. MAC blushes are not drugstore cheap, but they are very high quality and likely to last a long, long time. Stay tuned for an F.O.T.D. featuring Moon River...

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels

Archives