Nifty Little Thing: The Tweezerman Petite Manicure Set

I've had my eye on this little kit for some time, but it wasn't until I started nail rehab in earnest that I decided to go for it. The Tweezerman Petite Manicure Set ($20) contains the three tools needed for basic nail grooming in miniature size: nail file, cuticle/hangnail trimmer and pushy/under-nail cleaner.

Coming in at a diminutive 3.5 x 1.5 inches, the plastic carrying case fits all three items neatly and securely. No rooting around the bottom of a giant purse looking for that nail clipper you knew you threw in there at some point -- not any more. The small case is easy to find and even easier slip into an already crowded day bag. Or, keep it in a gym bag or in the desk at work. I'm sure you can think of a dozen places where this little guy would be useful to have around.

Although there are similar manicure kits available at drugstores, this one is priced a bit higher for good reason. All of the instruments are high-quality Tweezerman products, known for their durability and precision. And, indeed, the cuticle trimmer is sharp and exacting for snipping off those pesky hangnails before they cause major damage. One downside is that having this kit around makes it tempting to start to nip away at more of the cuticle than is helpful. So a certain amount of restraint is needed with the mini mani kit! Another nice feature is, with the exception of the file handle, the products are metal and can easily be sterilized in the oven or boiling water.

I would say that, in order of frequency, I use the file > under-nail cleaner > pushy > trimmer. This seems effective to keep my tips snag-free and on the way to a full recovery. Incidentally, nail rehab is going well and I'm encouraged that in another week or so I will be able to do a nail of the week (NOTW) without shame.

 

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I wonder how the file will hold up. I'm always temped by nail kits but I've never had a metal file last me much over a month or two (depending on how often I file of course.) They lose their grit way too quick; my glass file I bought 6 months ago, however, is still holding strong.

May 1, 2009 at 6:35 PM
Kyl said...

Hey Shannon:
I'm not sure how long it will last either. I guess we'll see. I had a glass file and and it was great but I lost it. I keep holding out on buying a new one hoping that I'll find the old one.
May 1, 2009 at 8:52 PM

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels

Archives