The Problem With L'Oreal Lip Color

One of the only lipsticks I owned in my early 20s was a beautiful red from L'Oreal. I can't remember what it was called and it doesn't much matter anyway because somewhere along the way it disappeared.

Fast forward a few years and I became intrigued by the L'Oreal Colour Riche Made For Me Naturals ($7) collection of nude lip colors for women of different hair colors and complexions. Continuing my never-ending quest for the perfect nude lip, I happily threw Taffeta, a soft brownish-pink, in the shopping basket. When examining it later in my bathroom, I realized that the tube design had not changed at all since that red lippie I had years ago. In fact, I hadn't even thought of that red lipstick until the sight of the new one triggered that memory. I pondered, "What ever happened to that perfect red? It was a great color."

So I proceeded to open the Taffeta and try it on. And then it hit me: what a god-awful fragrance. An intense, flowery, overpowering scent unlike any other emanates from this lipstick. Even worse, after the lipstick is applied, the scent continues to linger and follow you around. Ugh. Once I smelled that fragrance, the memory of what happened to that fantastic red lippie came back in full force: I threw it away because of the smell. Apparently, during the intervening years, this unfortunate feature had been forgotten, but the olfactory memory was quite strong.

So, what's my point with all this? My point is that most other aspects of L'Oreal lip colors are great. The price is good, the quality is solid (not excellent, but perfectly good for a drugstore product), the color selection and availability is fantastic. But, the scent -- it has to go. Sadly, whenever I start examining L'Oreal lippies in the store, I remind myself of the scent and just walk away.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels

Archives