Product Review: St. Ives Exfoliating Body Polish

Boy, do I love a good scrubbing product. Recently I reviewed some lip scrubs, but I haven't yet reported on my new favorite scrub for the whole body: St. Ives Exfoliating Body Polish ($8). This stuff is so awesome, I could write a song about it!

What is fantastic about his product is that it performs both exfoliating and moisturizing functions perfectly. Some exfoliating polishes remove dead skin easily, but then moisturize by leaving a slippery film that can be offensive. This one does not leave any greasy feeling, but it does leave my skin very soft and, yes, polished. The exfoliation is provided by natural sugar crystals which are pleasingly effective. Another thing I like about it is that it lathers, so that's really satisfying. I've been using the Oatmeal & Shea Butter variety which smells delicious. It also comes in a few other varieties like as Mineral Therapy, Brighten & Glow and Collagen Elastin, none of which I've tried.

A word of caution, when first opening the jar, I was a bit shocked because the product is solid. Cold butter is the closest approximation that comes to mind. This is quite different from the slushy mix more typical of scrubs. The solid nature of it requires really digging the fingers in and breaking off pieces to rub on yourself. It is also a bit crumbly and some product is lost as it falls on the floor of the shower. But, once I figured out how much is needed to get a good scrubbing lather (not much, by the way), I was able to minimize this. At any rate, the solid texture is a bit confusing when first encountered, but just go with it because it's worth it. Incidentally, since a little goes a long way with this stuff, one $8 jar should last a good long time making it an economical and budget-friendly choice. It can be a little hard to find, for some strange reason. I eventually got my tub at Ulta (not available online, though) after looking in more than a few drugstores. It is available on drugstore.com and amazon.com in case you don't have any luck in stores.

Since using this I have completely stopped moisturizing after showering. This is really an accomplishment and St. Ives Body Polish can take all the credit. Get some.

 

3 comments:

Zoe said...

I love this product ... it's awesome and leave you feeling totally refreshed!

April 8, 2009 at 2:37 PM
Kyl said...

Hi Zoe:
Thanks for the comment! I think this product is a best-kept drugstore secret. Glad you like it, too!
April 11, 2009 at 3:30 PM

Pamsie said...

Stumbled on it today and tried it. Same as you the solid form threw me off a bit but once I got it wet and lathered up it was just MAGIC!!

November 19, 2011 at 7:47 PM

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels

Archives