Return to Origins Recycling Program

As I happen to live in a recycling mecca, recycling is a part of daily life. Amazingly, single-family homes in Seattle recycle 64% of all of their garbage (compared to the national average of around 30%) and it is increasing every year. Unfortunately, many areas around the country lag in what can be accepted in their recycling programs. More specifically to this blog, most community recycling programs don't include cosmetic packaging (such as compacts or lipstick cases) because they do not recognize the materials they are made from.

Thankfully, the skincare company Origins is now offering a home for all those empty containers with the roll out of their Return to Origins Recycling Program.

"Now you can bring your glass and plastic jars, bottles, tubes, caps, lipstick covers, etc.--regardless of brand--to your nearest Origins retail store or department store counter nationwide (except Nordstrom). All returned packaging will be sent back to a central location where products will be recycled or used for energy recovery."

Did you catch that part about regardless of brand? That's pretty cool. As an additional incentive, Origins is offering a free sample of your choice of one of their high-performance skincare products when you bring in the empty containers. Pretty swell.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels

Archives